When: Friday, April 28, from 9:00am to 3:00pm
Where: Missouri State University, The Morris Center, 301 S. Jefferson Avenue, Springfield, MO
- Best practices in the field
- Tips for teaching, assessing, and working with international students and non-native English-speaking students
- Presentations of professional or student research
- Advocacy, one of the ELI’s core values:
The ELI upholds Missouri State University’s values of diversity and inclusion, cultural competence, and best practices in the language education field by respecting multiculturalism, language learners’ rights, and the validity of World Englishes. We encourage multilingualism and lifelong learning. In pursuit of these principles, we advocate locally and globally for students, staff, and other diverse communities.
- 9:00 to 9:30am – short sessions
- 9:40 to 10:30am – sessions
- 10:40 to 11:30am – sessions
- 11:30am to 1: 00pm – lunch
- 1:00 to 1:30pm – short sessions
- 1:40 to 3:00pm – panel discussion/workshop on Advocacy
The conference is free to attend!
NOTE: Currently accepting proposals for 30- or 50- minute sessions via this proposal form.
Contact Phil Bridges PhilBridges@MissouriState.edu with questions.