MIDTESOL Conference 2016 – Innovation and Improvisation
When? Friday, September 30 and Saturday, October 1, 2016. This conference will begin Friday morning and last two full days!
Where? Kansas City Marriott Downtown, Kansas City, MO
Guest speakers will include:
- Stephen D. Krashen, the pillar of Second Language Acquisition (SLA) whose latest focus is Literacy & Free Voluntary Reading
- Deborah J. Short, director of the ESL Standards and Assessment Project for TESOL and co-developer of The Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP) Model at the Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL). Sponsored by: TESOL, Inc.
- Sonia Nazario, journalist and Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Enrique’s Journey. Sponsored by: University of Missouri, Center for English Language Learning
- Roger Rosenthal, Executive Director of the Migrant Legal Action Program (MLAP), a national non-profit support and advocacy center located in Washington, D.C. Sponsored by: Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Office of Migrant, ELL, Immigrant & Refugee Services
- Samuela Eckstut, a senior lecturer at CELOP – Boston University and author of several grammar and reading textbooks, including her most recent Grammar Explorer 3, published by National Geographic Learning / Cengage Learning.