If you have been notified of acceptance to present at 2016 MIDTESOL, you are encouraged to apply for a Travel Award to help fund expenses. Up to three Travel Awards of $150 each will be granted!
To apply, the following items must be submitted to Denise C. Mussman (email@example.com), MIDTESOL Awards Chair, by September 2, 2016. The subject line of your email should read “2016 MIDTESOL: Presenter Travel Award Submission.” All application materials must be combined into one continuous document arranged in the order listed below:
- Contact information, including name, email, and institutional affiliation;
- Notification of proposal acceptance;
- A brief statement (approximately 300 words, 12-point and double-spaced) describing the benefit that attending and presenting at the MIDTESOL conference will bring to you and other ELT professionals in your community;
- An account of any outside funding sources received for travel to the conference;
- A list of MIDTESOL Travel Awards received in the past; and
- An agreement to submit a report outlining your presentation within a month of the conference for publication in MIDTESOL Matters, the organization’s electronic newsletter.
You will receive confirmation from the Awards Chair that your submission has been received and then a notification if you are a winner by September 16. Submissions undergo blind peer review. Incomplete applications or applications that are not in compliance with the instructions listed above will not be considered out of fairness to all applicants.
In the event that there are more proposals deemed worthy than there is money available to fund them, preference will be given to the applicant who (1) does not have external support for travel to the conference and (2) has never before received a MIDTESOL Travel Award. Decisions made by reviewers are final.