MIDTESOL is proud to announce a new award, the Interest Section Travel Awards. One MIDTESOL member from each interest section will win a check of $125 to help cover expenses to the MIDTESOL Conference September 30-October 1 at the Marriott Hotel in Kansas City, MO.
The interest sections are Community College/Adult Education, Technology, Higher Education (TESOL), K-12, and IEP.
To be eligible, applicants must be employed in the ESL profession but receive no funding from their employers for expenses to attend the conference.
To enter, please submit the following in writing:
- Name, Position, Employer(s)
- Interest Section
- Statement verifying that no funding is received for professional development from employers
- Statement whether you have previously been awarded any travel award from MIDTESOL
- Statement verifying that you’re willing to volunteer a few hours at the conference
- A paragraph: What impact has attending the MIDTESOL conference had on you? How the conference will benefit you professionally? What professional involvement or contributions, if any, have you had on the field? They may include but aren’t limited to professional organizations, publications, interest groups, or your workplace.
The Awards Committee and IS Interest Chairs will judge entries.
Applications are now closed. Winners will be contacted by August 9.