Find current job openings in TESOL here. For more information, reach out to the contact provided in each job listing.
If you would like to post a job opening on MIDTESOL.org, please contact us.
Associate 1 Instructor – The Language Company, Kirksville, MO
Job Description: The Associate I Instructor reports directly to the Center Director and is responsible for instructional design and delivery and evaluation of assigned ESL courses.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate students’ academic progress in conjunction with other teachers.
• Counsel students on academic matters, when necessary.
• Demonstrate professional development.
• Design and prepare lesson plans and supplementary objective-based materials for assigned
• Evaluate students.
• Keep accurate records of student performance.
• Teach assigned classes.
• Foster, encourage, and support teamwork and harmony among all staff members.
• Appropriately communicate issues and concerns in ways afforded through policies and
procedures and in a manner that preserves the integrity and productivity of work relationships.
• Participate in in-house and outside professional development activities
Job Requirements: Education: Minimum of BS or BA; or a minimum of BS or BA with TESL/TEFL certification that includes a practice teaching component.
Experience: 3 months’ ESL or foreign language full-time classroom teaching experience required. English fluency is required.
Key Skills: Awareness of other cultures and exposure to other languages are desired. Overseas
experience is desired.
Application Deadline: January 29, 2018
EFL Instructor – Japan
Job Description: Berkeley House Language Center, a leading language school in Japan, is seeking English as a Foreign Language instructors for various teaching positions in Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka, and other cities in Japan, for positions at corporations, universities, and/or at our schools.
Teachers work five days a week, with 25 teaching hours per week, and two consecutive days off. In addition to teaching, instructors write reports, participate in meetings, and so forth.
Our students include corporate office workers, professionals, and fulltime students preparing for or attending university. Schedules will typically include a combination of one-to-one, semi-private, and group lessons.
Remuneration depends on the applicant’s qualifications, but begins at 270,000 yen/month with transportation expenses in Japan being reimbursed. Successful applicants pay their own airfare to Japan, but typically, a year-end bonus is paid. These are one-year contract positions, usually renewable.
Berkeley House will assist our new teacher’s settlement in Japan by providing an apartment. Teachers are required to pay their own rent and utilities.
Job Requirements: The ideal candidate will be:
- A native/nearly native speaker of English.
- A dedicated team worker.
- In possession of a four-year degree from an accredited university plus a TESOL, TESL, and/or teaching certificate.
- Have at least two years’ experience teaching non-native speakers of English.
- Japanese language skills are not required, but a plus.
Please note-only such applicants who hold a Master’s Degree will be considered for positions at universities.
Application Deadline: March 2018
Job Description: TestBest is a Silicon Valley-based education technology company that offers mobile learning for standardized tests. In cooperation with Kaplan Test Prep, our flagship application is the first digital service of its kind that helps students both prepare for the TOEFL® and receive valuable feedback from certificated U.S. teachers. Through our TestBest online platform, teachers can reach their maximum potential by connecting with and instructing students around the world.
We are looking for certificated educators to evaluate student performance on TOEFL® practice tests via the TestBest platform and provide them valuable feedback.
- Evaluate written and spoken responses to TOEFL® practice exams according to the TestBest rubric.
- Submit evaluations on our TestBest evaluator portal by strict deadlines to ensure students receive timely feedback.
- Regularly communicate with TestBest regarding any questions or progress.
- Bachelor’s or 4-year university degree
- Must be a certificated teacher or
- Hold MA in English, Language arts, Rhetoric, or other pertinent area.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- A career focus on education
- Experience teaching/tutoring for the TOEFL® or other standardized tests
- Experience with international students (Chinese students a plus)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- High degree of English proficiency
- Fluency in mobile applications and online education platforms.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
POOL LECTURER – Applied English Center, University of Kansas
To apply, please visit employment.ku.edu
Position Overview: The Applied English Center invites qualified professionals with relevant ESL/EFL teaching experience to submit applications that will be reviewed by the search committee and placed in a pool for consideration for future teaching positions. Appointments are typically full-time, but occasionally a part-time appointment may be necessary. Academic semester (4.5 months) and/or two-month summer session. Appointments may be regular or temporary, depending on duration. Non-tenure-track position, renewable on a semester basis as performance and enrollment allow. Appointment is contingent on funding. Appointments are based on departmental need with fringe benefits for regular positions 50% or higher. The successful applicant must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
Pool Lecturers are expected to participate in professional service and professional growth, and be cooperative and collegial team members.
Up to 100% – Teach up to 18 hours/week in the intensive English program, academic accelerator program, and/or specialized short-term programs; other duties as assigned. Expectations will be determined at time of appointment.
- Attend pre-service and in-service workshops;
- Assist in placement and proficiency testing, student enrollment, and development of syllabi, materials and curricula;
- Share in substitute teaching as necessary;
- Some duties must be performed when regular classes are not in session (e.g. special program teaching, cross-cultural advising, and other administrative duties related to the AEC’s mission.)
1. M.A. with concentration in TESL/TEFL or M.A. in Applied Linguistics with coursework in TESL/TEFL by the time of hire;
2. High level of English proficiency as demonstrated by cover letter, resume, and/or teaching experience.
3. One year of experience teaching ESL/EFL in a post-secondary environment, to students from more than one culture.
1. Successful ESL/EFL teaching experience at two (2) or more levels of English proficiency;
2. Two (2) or more skill areas;
3. Overseas teaching experience;
4. Experience in a university-level intensive English program;
5. Experience in using web-based course management system, such as Blackboard.
Position Requirement: Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. A complete electronic application will include a detailed curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and the names and contact information for three (3) references. Applicant must also submit a statement of interest in the position to be included with the application materials.
This is a POOL. Applications will be reviewed as received and candidates will be contacted when a position is available.
Contact Information to Candidates: Kari Balthazor, email@example.com
Advertised Salary Range: Biweekly rate $1647 for 100% appointments, smaller appointments will be proportionate. Fringe benefits for positions 50% or higher.