Global office is a Ukrainian NGO aimed at promoting language learning and volunteer movement in Ukraine, fostering intercultural dialogue and public diplomacy, supported by international organizations (UN Volunteers, British Council), US Embassy in Ukraine, the Presidential Administration, Ministry of Education and Science, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other state ministries, National Scout Organization of Ukraine PLAST, businesses and leading media.
GoGlobal is working on ensuring that Ukrainians speak foreign languages, and thus have a chance to be heard all around the world.
We are implementing the largest educational project for children in Ukraine called GoCamp with the involvement of volunteers from all over the world. The main goal is to educate a new young generation of active and conscious citizens of Ukraine, capable of life long learning, and prepared for the challenges of the 21st century, fluent in foreign languages and open to other cultures and experiences.
During the first two years of GoCamp we covered 70,000 schoolchildren, with almost 500 foreign volunteers working with them. Thanks to this, more than 700 schools from 400 localities throughout Ukraine have equal access to quality and interesting learning of a foreign language, children from even the most remote villages have the opportunity to learn other cultures and speak English, while foreigners see a genuine Ukraine, free of stereotypes.
Duration: 2-3 weeks (5 camps per year) – volunteer works with children (in the company of teachers of English at school) 5 hours a day, weekends are free.
Format: school camps with intensive study of English, French or German. Volunteers will participate in language programs and bring their knowledge, skills and experience to STEAM programs (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics), Citizenship, Leadership and Career, Sports and Health, interactive activities , games, workshops, etc.
Volunteers pay the cost of:
⁃ return flight ticket to Kiev
⁃ medical insurance
⁃ registration fee $ 75
Global office covers: the transfer from the airport to Kiev; orientation training after arrival in Kiev (3 days); support before departure; visa support; accommodation; meals; travel to the host community and return; SIM cards for local calls; support in the country of origin, office staff and a hotline 24h / 24h 7d / 7d.
What Teachers will obtain while participation in the project?
- possibility of development in profession and career
- training course from our experts (under support of British Council in Ukraine, US Embassy in Ukraine)
- methodological programs of new approaches in study and volunteering (obtaining the certificate)
- possibility to strengthen teacher-teacher communication and exchange of professional experience
- widen the quantity of friends, new partners for schoolchildren in your country, to form teachers abroad communities
- opportunity to spend a great time as a mentor for kids who will become a breakthrough generation
- unique chance to discover a wonderful country of Ukraine!
Visit the GoCamp website for more information.