Dear English Language Teaching Professionals,
We would like to encourage you to submit a manuscript to our annual publication, MIDTESOL Journal, which was The Conference Proceedings of MIDTESOL for the past six years. Below you will find information regarding MIDTESOL Journal and the submission procedures. This is a wonderful opportunity to publish your work in a peer-reviewed publication. We hope that you are able to submit, and look forward to reading your work!
Thu H. Tran
MIDTESOL Journal Editor
General Information About MIDTESOL Journal
MIDTESOL Journal is an annual blind peer-reviewed academic publication dedicated to the dissemination of research and ideas of interest to English language teaching professionals in Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, and worldwide. Articles in the MIDTESOL Journal are grounded in research, theory, pedagogy, and best practices in language learning and teaching.
MIDTESOL Journal accepts the following types of submissions:
- Feature articles (no more than 4000 words) related to all aspects of English language learning and teaching
- Language teaching professionals’ interests (no more than 3000 words)
- Effective activities and tips for teachers (no more than 2000 words)
- Reviews of instructional materials (no more than 1000 words)
- Please follow the submission guidelines carefully.
- All submissions will be made to the Editor.
- The Editor will review submissions first for compliance with submission standards.
- All accepted submissions will be blind reviewed.
- Manuscripts are accepted for publication based on the peer reviews and the final judgment of the MIDTESOL Journal editor.
- Submissions should be sent by email as a .doc or .docx file to the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include the following in your subject line: MIDTESOL Journal_Last Name_Three First Words of the Title.
- In the text of your email, include your contact information, a short bio, and institutional affiliation.
- There must be an abstract of no more than 150 words in your manuscript.
- All submissions should be in English.
- Submissions should be in correct American Psychological Association (APA), 6th Edition format.
- Make sure all words are font 12, Times New Roman (including header).
- The article title should be font 16, bold. If it runs over onto a second line, single space the title.
- Authors’ names must not be included anywhere in the manuscript.
Call for reviewers
MIDTESOL Journal is seeking qualified reviewers to join our Editorial Review Board. We welcome applicants with expertise in all areas of second language acquisition and instruction. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter and CV/résumé to email@example.com.